Posted on 03-09-2016
MLS Laser Therapy Benefits
The Animal Hospital of Soquel is proud to now offer Multiwave Locked System (MLS) Laser Therapy. MLS technology delivers both continuous and pulsed wavelengths that together reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation. This unique combination makes MLS more effective than other Class IV lasers. The MLS Laser is a noninvasive, painless treatment with a multitude of benefits.
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy aides in activating the lymphatic drainage system. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less pain.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: MLS Laser penetrates deeply into tissue and accelerates cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status. Laser emissions are absorbed by enzymes that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Ask us about Laser Therapy for your pet!